Shirodhara Massage Oil
Ayurvedic blend to promote blood flow and soothe the skin.
‘Shiro’ means head and ‘dhara’ means flow. Combined together – Shirodhara is an ancient ayurvedic technique in which an oil or liquid is poured gradually onto your forehead. It is later combined with a scalp, body, or head massage. Shirodhara focuses on rebalancing the life forces within you.
Benefits of Shirodhara oil massage
– Reduces stress
– Lessens anxiety
– Improves sleep quality
– Relieves muscle pain
– Helps decrease mental fatigue
– Stabilizes your mood
How To Use
- The oil must be warmed to closely match your body temperature.
- One must lie down flat with a rolled towel to keep under the neck.
- The warm oil should then be dispersed from above your forehead via a constant stream. This is mostly done by hanging a pot over your head with a hole pierced at the bottom of it. The height between your head and the pot should be 10 cms.
- The oil collected from the dispersion is used to refill the pot. This entire process is carried on for thirty to forty minutes.
- Generally, a short massage is given before or after the Shirodhara treatment.